Worship & Celebration
- Meet the need for a wide variety of corporate and individual worship experiences
- Assist the pastor in conducting worship consistent with the liturgy of the ELCA
- Oversee all music programs
- Provide opportunities for musical expression to all skill/age levels of the congregation
- Maintain proper care of all musical instruments
Contact Michele Weyhrauch for more information about the Worship & Celebration Commission.
Life Long Learning
- Guide in the learning, understanding, and living of our faith by providing educational opportunities for people of all ages
- Nurture the spiritual Christian growth of families in their everyday lives,met through fellowship, service, and teaching
- Coordinate and supervise the entire educational ministry of the congregation
- Administer the scholarship fund
Contact Mary Pierce for more information about the Life Long Learning Commission.
Parish Life & Response
- Involve members in the life of the congregation by providing fellowship opportunities
- Encourage the sharing of time, talents, and financial resources
- Develop programs and activities to promote fellowship and a sense of community within the congregation
- Develop a program of ministry for the sick, shut-ins and members with special needs
- Develop programs for social and spiritual support
- Develop and provide a program for stewardship
Contact Eileen Hunter for more information about the Parish Life & Response Commission.
Witness & Outreach
- Communicate through words (spoken, printed, and multimedia) and actions the good news of Jesus Christ to all people beyond the congregation’s membership
- Identify and lead the congregation in responding to issues and needs within the church and community
- Determine the benevolence ministries and financial gifts of the congregation
- Provide ministry to reactivate inactive members
Contact Wendy Pierce for more information about the Witness & Outreach Commission.
Communication & Public Relations
- Manage communications and publications of this congregation
Contact Sandy Rosholt for more information about the Communication & Public Relations Commission.
Property & Facilities
- Provide adequate maintenance of all property including the buildings and other facilities
- Be responsible for the appropriate use of the buildings and grounds of GSLC
- Provide maintenance, scheduling, and security of all technology equipment, including phones, computers, audio and video equipment
Contact Del Herbeck or Bill Wolslegel for more information about the Property & Facilities Commission.
Finance & Administration
- Manage all resources of this congregation to create an environment conducive for worship, study, and fellowship. Resources include facilities, financial and real property, and the talents of this congregation.
- Establish and run a system to manage the use of church facilities
- Maintain the parish records
- Manage the financial resources and obligations of this congregation
- Provide opportunities for professional growth of staff members
Contact Jim Kempf for more information about the Finance & Administration Commission.